Member Monday with Karen Grunberg

this week's layout of the Week was selected by Karen Grunberg. She chose the layout below by Lauren Young, also known as "lkylaurenkay" on the message boards.

"Luv 2 Swim" by Lauren Young

Lauren has been a long time member on the AMM boards. Read on to learn a little more about her and her scrappy habits!
1. How did you get started in scrapbooking? I started in 2002. I lived in Seattle, WA then and there was this sticker/scrapbooking store in the mall. I have always loved stickers and thought it was so cool to add little embellishments to tell the story of your photos. My hobby took off from there...
2. What are your favorite manufacturers? October Afternoon, Sassafras, Crafty Secrets and American Crafts.
3. What's a technique you like you use over and over again? (If any) I love to cut apart and layer patterned paper. I do it on most of my layouts and could not live without my Fiskars Ultra ShapeXpress cutting tool.
4. When is the most productive time of day for you? Anytime my kids give me a few quiet moments. I usually scrap here and there throughout the day, but only for short periods of time. Having a 1 year old and a 5 year old make it hard for me to really sit down and work.
5. How did you find AMM? In February of 2008 I was shopping around to try out a kit club. I came across AMM and loved the quality and selection of the kits and the friendliness of the Message Boards. I think it still is truly one of the nicest places to chat about scrapbooking.
Thanks Karen and Lauren. Be sure to stop by Lauren's gallery for more inspiration!

No comments: