Meet Kay Rogers!

It is time to meet our second new designer, Kay Rogers, who hails from my great state of Michigan! It is so good to have another mid-western girl on the team, so I don't feel like such an alien anymore!

Here is a little more about Kay.

Seven years ago you could have never convinced me I would scrapbook. I was sure that I lacked any creativity. I'm a math teacher, for goodness sake! But when Jenna was turning one year old, I decided I needed to document all of her milestones of the first year. My other daughter, Emily, was in high school at the time, and I was well-aware how quickly the time had passed with her. Thus began the obsession! My creative side has slowly emerged, and it makes me happy. My girls are my life, and scrapbooking is a way to express my love for them. My amazing husband, Bill, supports me 100%. When I'm not scrapbooking, I'm teaching. I'm a high school math teacher, and I absolutely love my job. I also teach Photoshop Elements courses at my local camera store.


I asked Kay to share with us some of her current favorite layouts and these are the ones she chose.




I also sent Kay a few quick interview questions, so have a read and get to this new AMM designer a little better.

1. How did you get started in scrapping? Seven years ago you could have never convinced me I would scrapbook. I was sure that I lacked any creativity. I'm a math teacher, for goodness sake! But when Jenna was turning one year old, I decided I needed to document all of her milestones of the first year. My other daughter, Emily, was in high school at the time, and I was well-aware how quickly the time had passed with her. Thus began the obsession!

2. How would you describe your style? My style is pretty linear, big surprise as a math teacher, I know. I like to use a lot of patterned paper and a lot of color. I challenge myself to work outside the box, but it's tough for me!

3. What are your favorite manufacturers? I love Sassafras, Fancy Pants, GCD Studios, BasicGrey, October Afternoon, Pink Paislee, and KI Memories. Honestly the list could go on and on . . .
4. What is your favorite color or color combo? I have always been a fan of robin's egg blue and red. It just makes me happy!
5. Do you have any other hobbies other than scrapping? I love photography. I sponsor the photography club at my high school, take photography classes, and do a bit of work on the side with weddings, a few senior pictures, and other miscellaneous gigs. I also teach Photoshop Elements at my local camera shop. It keeps me busy, for sure!
Thanks so much for joining our design team. We can't wait to see how you inspire us! Be sure to visit Kay's blog too.

2 comments:

On my way... said...

Gorgeous pages Kay - so excited to be working with ya, and lol @ ur first answer, exactly like me, I think I got a C in art...and that was just for effort, lol

xx

Karla Smith said...

Kay, I am so excited to be inspired by your Amazing Creativity.