Member Monday with Karen Grunberg

Today's Layout of the Week was picked by Karen Grunberg. She chose this beautiful altered frame by Karla Smith. Her frame is based on Lucy Edson's Shadow Box, for the Crop at Websters.

Here is what Karla had to say about her project. "I took a vintage chalkware (Plaster) frame with cherubs all over. Sprayed it with mists, then covered in mica flakes. Using my Boskut Cutter I cut the poinsettia flowers. Thanks for the fun project Lucy!!!"

"Believe" by Karla Smith


Karen said, "Altering projects is always challenging for me and the holidays are my favorite time of year so when I saw this beautiful frame, I instantly fell in love."

Read a little interview below that Karen had with Karla.

1. How long have you been scrapbooking? I started scrapbooking in the Mid 90's with CM, however I really didn't get crazy with it until the end of 2006. It has been non- stop since I found AMM. Which is was my first online Kit club and have fallen in love here.

2. What's your favorite subject to scrap? My Granddaughter is my favorite subject to scrap. I want to capture all those special moments as she grows up. I wish I had done this while my kids were young.

3. What's your favorite style of scrapping? Vintage style for sure, when I am not Scrapping my DGD. Antiques have always been my hobby/ business, So anytime I can do a vintage page, or altered project, I get completely involved. This last year, I have found I love adding a shabby flair to the vintage pages. which has come from all the international inspiration here at AMM.

4. Is there anything you wish you did more of with your scrap pages? Yes. I need to journal much more.

5. Is there anything you do on almost every page? I would say layers. I have come to love a chunky page.

6. Please share your blog link with us. http://karlysmith.typepad.com/ LOL! Oh Dear! My blog needs a good catch-up.

Leave Karla some love here on this post or directly on her project in the gallery here. You can get more inspiration from Karla's gallery here.

No comments: