Little Something Sunday with Rachel Hall

One Layout / Two Seasons
Creating multiple layouts using a similar concept


When I created my layout "Let it Snow" I fell in love with using masking and stitching on seasonal layouts to really emphasize an iconic seasonal image, the snowflake.
I immediately began to think about other ways in which to use this idea for other seasonal pages. The result of that brainstorming? A fall layout with masked and stitched leaves.

In creating this layout, I essentially scrap-lifted myself, but achieved two entirely different layouts.

To create this layout:
Choose your cardstock for the base of your page. Keep in mind that the color of the cardstock will show through so make sure it is the color you want!

Using chipboard shapes (or masks, stickers etc) and glimmer mist, mask and mist your shapes onto the cardstock. I did mine along the op since I knew I would be covering the bottom half of my page with patterned paper.

Choose your patterned paper( s ) and tear and roll them as desired. Adhere to page.

If you plan to stitch the masked shapes, now is a good time to do so. Punch your holes where you will be stitching and stitch using a backstitch.

Add photos, title and embellishments to your page and you are done!

1 comment:

Nikki Love said...

gorgeous, gorgeous stitching work!!!! beautiful layouts :)