Gallery Trends

As I was browsing through the gallery this morning, I spotted a bit of a trend. I am seeing lots of inspiring Christmas and winter themed decorations and it is really putting me in the mood. So let's take a look at some of these projects by some of our designers and members.

First I noticed a few really beautiful wreaths. Like this first one by Danielle Flanders wrapped entirely with crepe paper. So pretty! You can check out her blog for instructions on how to make this.

Next is this awesome wreath by Design Team Coordinator, Tonya Dirk. I love that scaled look she gave to the leaves. You can find instructions for this project on her blog.

Lastly is this crocheted wreath ornament by former design team member Wendela Lam. I love the beautiful vintage feel of it.



Here are some other Christmas/winter projects from the gallery that are really inspiring. These gift tags by Annabelle O'Malley are so cute! I would love to get one of these attached to a present! She used the Cosmo Cricket "Jolly By Golly" line for these.


Next is this gorgeous bell ornament designed by Danielle Flanders. She said, "I found a few of these large jingle bells on clearance really cheap last year after the holidays and snatched them up...wasn't sure what I'd do with them, but they were too cute to resist. They came in gold, so I covered them with 2 coats of silver acrylic paint, added Diamond Dust on the top for the snow, made a bow with Melissa Frances crepe paper and added a Melissa Frances chipboard holly piece and a pearl. I also added a Melissa Frances rub on saying after the paint was dry."


Next is this so pretty snowflake ornament designed by Karla Smith who said, "This is my take on the Snowflake Challenge at Websters.. I really had fun with this one and love how it came out. This is huge. It measures 18" across. It hangs in the window so the light can come through. I used a foam snowflake and clear plastic snowflake I got at the dollar store, to put this together."


Then we have these really pretty shadow box displays. This first one is by Nicole Pomeroy who was inspired by the shadow box below by Lucy Edson.



Here is Lucy's version.


I hope these projects inspire you to get creative with your holiday projects. Keep checking the gallery for more inspiration from the design team and members.

No comments: