Member Monday with Lucy Edson

Welcome back. It is a new Member Monday here on the blog and this week's pick comes from Lucy Edson who chose this layout by Amy Tara Koeppel.

"His White Dinner Jacket" by Amy Tara Koeppel


Here is what Lucy had to say about choosing this layout. "I chose Amy Tara's layout as layout of the week because she knows how to make a masculine layout look great even with a few frills! I love her multi-photo layout with the handcut scrolls and layers."

Here's a little interview Lucy did with Amy Tara!
1. Why do you scrapbook? I scrapbook for many reasons but the two most important ones are because I cherish my family(memories) and I love the creative process.
2. What tips can you share with us for scrapping pictures of the men in our lives?
I think the best thing to do with pages about the men in our lives is to make the page as authentic as possible. Not every guy is sports oriented or grungy style, etc. Do what is authentic to them. And if that means flowers work, then go for it!
3. What are your 'go to' scrapping supplies? My go to scrapping supplies are patterned paper, Tim Holtz distress inks and trims (lace and ribbon).
4. What is your favorite source of inspiration? My favorite sources for inspiration are online galleries and home decorating magazines.
5. How long do you spend on your average layout? My average time spent on a layout would have to be about 4 hours, including sketching time.

You can check out more of Amy Tara's gallery here. And be sure to leave her some love either on this post or directly on her layout in the A Million Memories gallery here. If you'd like to be selected as Layout of the Week be sure to upload your projects to the gallery often! We would love to highlight your work here on the blog!

2 comments:

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is one of my favorite pages of your's Amy Tara! I just love how beautiful and elegant it is!!
Congrats!

Staci Taylor said...

Love your work, amy, and this layout is goooorgeous! Congrats!